At Counseling Services Direct provided are DWI screening, assessment, and treatment services to individuals who have committed a DWI or orher alcohol/substance abuse offenses. The servces are provided by a New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse (OASAS) approved DWI screening and assessment provider. These services include the following:
- Clinical screenings: To determine if defendent is dependent upon alcohol or drugs. Testing conducted with OASAS approved screening instrument(s) to determine degree severity of drinking patterns (safe, risky, or harmful).
- Assessments: If defendent is found to be dependent then a more rigorous assessment is necessary. A detailed interview is conducted that includes a psychosocial history, physical and mental assessment, and alcohol/substance use history.
- 1. Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT)
- 2. Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST)
- 3. Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST)
- 4. Resiearch Institute on Addictions Self-Inventory (RIASI)
- 5. Simple Screening Instrument for Substance Abuse (SSI)
Please contact Counseling Services Direct for more information about these services: (O) 516-484-2829 or (C) 914-960-2723.
Fee for Service is 100.00 for the initial clinical screening visit requiring approximately 1 hour, if it is determined that the full clinical assessment is required then the fee is 300.00 and the time required is approximately 2 hours in duration for the session. The assessment can be done in either one session or two sessions.